This is why I think the advert worked:
- It had a great headline which promised to solve a problem for me
- The text was backed up by simple and relevant images which told me, at a glance, what the service was
- It had a strong call to action
- It was perfectly targeted; the adverts was appropriate for the publication and was extremely relevant for the target readership
- Not only was it relevant but it was also well timed.
So why did I only almost purchase off the back of a seemingly well thought through piece of marketing? You guessed it… lack of follow through.
I googled the company in question, sent them an email enquiry littered with buying signals …and then…heard nothing. A couple of days later I phoned the number in the advert and got the response ‘ what advert is that then love?’
Will I buy from this company? Unlikely. Don’t waste your money on advertsing, however good, if you can’t get the rest of the sales process right.